Having problem with regression with my twin 3 year old. The baby hasn't come yet and they are both peeing their pants!

My daughter who has the potty training down the best is having accidents because she is starting to wait too long. For example she is watching TV and waits till the show is done and then says she has to go, only to not make it in time. This throwing me off because she usually does very well with it. My son who is a new learner still would go without me having to tell him for a couple of months now. I even ask him all the time and the last two days he has peed his pants every time! It's like he doesn't want to make the trip to the potty. I am very close to my due date and really want to know did you have a problem with regression before the new baby even came? Any ideas? Cleaning up a lot of PEE messes times two!!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I didn't but it is totally normal. Focus on how fantastic it is to be the BIG sibling, how big siblings get to do things like eat ice cream (yay!) and baby doesn't get to. You know what else big kids get to do? Use the potty. BABIES have to use diapers (UGH!). Then play up the times where they make it to the potty, and 'ignore' the times when they have an accident.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• This is normal in 3 and even 4 year olds. It has nothing to do with a new baby coming.

I had to resort to telling DD to go. Not asking but ordering her to even if she was busy doing something else.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ^^ I agree. Your going to have to make them go. Get a one hour timer have them try every hour.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They might be picking up on the pre-baby stress or on the fact that things are changing. Good luck helping them move past the regression.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010