Are you paring down your Christmas shopping list this year?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• i want to and trying to, but i start shopping now and when i see things on sale i get them and save them. I feel i am saving money this way and paying cash so not racking up a credit card.
    spagal99

Answer by spagal99 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am! Bump!
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We have not done much for years. We buy for our son and nieces and nephew, and then make a charitable donations in the name of our other family members. I see no point in going shopping for a bunch of things for people just for the sake of giving them something to open on Christmas. That is not what it is about to me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• kinda soon for us. It still over month from Halloween lol. As the kids get older there doesn't seem to be as much to prepare for sadly. I'm going to so miss those little kid at Xmas years.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Nope, instead I started earlier! :) I've been picking stuff up for months. I try to get atleast one present a payday and stick it away! So far so good!!!
    Nintendomommy

Answer by Nintendomommy at 11:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• can it get any smaller? teachers and bus drivers didn't even get gifts last year (they rather have donations to the class right now).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, just because my kids really don't need anything.

I want to save...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes ive decided to buy a board game for each household... and pick up pretty containers from the dollar store and fill them with chocolate candies :) i did this about 4 years ago after the birth of my ds and money was tight...and everyone loved it...who can go wrong with chocolate...LOL
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, my kids are older, 18, 21 & 28, and they still love all of the things that make Christmas special, so I'll do everything I can to make it special for them. But, a lot of what they want is the tradition...the homemade cookies and special foods. Watching all of the special movies they watched as little kids, spending family time.

I'm cutting back a little on what I spend on my boys, but I'm cutting back more on other people. I also make a lot of gifts, and will bake for many people this year that I'm no longer planning on buying for.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Some of you girls have great ideas!!! I am paring way down and also baking and making what I can. DH and I have an agreement not to buy each other anything.
    chefronswife

Comment by chefronswife (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2010