If you found out that your unborn baby had a genetic disorder... adult content

If your unborn fetus tested positive for downs, potters, tay sachs, or any other incurable genetic disorder, would you have an abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. I would want to know if my unborn child had a disorder only to prepare for a special need child.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No,because tests are often wrong,especially the one for Downs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would only want to know so that I would be able to emotionally prepare for a child with a disorder so that I can give them the best love and support that I can.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• no. mothering a special needs child is a blast most of the time..
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Nope. No test is 100%. My friend's daughter has Downs and she has a wonderful life and she is always so happy.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No, I have never been in that situation but I am sure I would not.

If your child is born and later they realized that he/she has a disorder would you get rid of him/her.

I know it would be difficult but the child is still your child and because they are sick does not give anyone the right to abord them. I think it is crazy, it gives you time to prepare for the childs disability not abandon them.. :( Just my opinion... Good luck!!!

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Nope.
    If there is a disorder that causes nothing but constant pain and there are no medical ways to stop it and after a day or a week or horrific pain, it would all end in death... that I may need to think about. I wouldn't baby to know nothing but suffering. But anything else- nope. No way.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 11:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No, and I would NOT have the tests done. As others have said,the results could be wrong anyway. And I wouldn't consider abortion ....so why do the tests???
    But that is only MY opinion and if other Moms want to have the tests and decide to have an abortion, that is their choice. EVeryone should be free to use their own judgement and make their own decisions.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have been in this situation, and I chose an abortion. However, before I had my abortion, I went into pre-term labor, and my child was delivered stillborn at 20 weeks.
    collegemom123

Answer by collegemom123 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't have the test in the first place. Why spend months worrying about something that may or may not happen and you can't change?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010