Have you ever heard of Groupon?

Groupon is an awesome website where you can get some seriously great deals for events, restaurants, museums and other things in your area. It's free to sign up, there's no pressure to buy and you can really save some serious money. For example, I just got two tickets to a local children's museum that would normally cost $22 for just $1!! Seriously, you can't beat that!

So go here: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu7937090 and sign up!

This isn't a solicitation. This isn't a scheme. This is an honest-to-goodness way for us mommies to save some money!

arouthier

Asked by arouthier at 11:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Nope. I have never heard of it. But I am glad that you shared this info! Thank you!! I plan on checking that out and signing up.
    Tori77

Answer by Tori77 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Then why didn't you say that in the first place. Instead you lied and said "This isn't a solicitation". Yes, you may have been trying to inform others about a way to save but your real intent was to get people to sign up under you, so therefore you were really doing an advertisement which is not allowed in answers.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm signed up for it and I've used one of their promotions (it was for 1/2 price miniature golf). I like the program.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Our Salon is going to be in the local Groupon!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have yet to buy any Groupon's but I receive the email daily - there is a really good variety of thing!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• "So go here: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu7937090 and sign up!

This isn't a solicitation."

So you are not getting $10 groupon for each person you sign up? Yeah, right. This is nothing but a solicitation, otherwise you would have said go to http://www.groupon.com/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• JeremysMom - cynical much? Geez. It's true, I get 10 Groupon bucks if someone clicks on that link, signs up, and then eventually buys a Groupon. But seriously? I was honestly sharing because I think it's such a great website. There's no downside for the person clicking that link and once you sign up, you get your own "referral link" to share and earn your own Groupon bucks!

So, ladies, if you want to sign up for Groupon but don't want to go through the link I provided, then yes, just go to Groupon.com and sign up. If you want to go through my referral link and help me earn Groupon bucks, then use the link! No pressure! :) I just wanted to share the money-saving goodness!
    arouthier

Comment by arouthier (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities with regards to advertising on Answers. But don't accuse me of lying and don't profess to know my intentions.
    arouthier

Comment by arouthier (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010