How often do you change your hair?

I used to get my hair colored every six weeks or when my out-growth was too obvious for me (I have light colored hair and I was coloring it dark).

My hair is trimmed every 3-6 weeks. It's about chin length right now and I'm attempting to grow it back out to my waist (where it was in 2008).

I don't do permanents, but I occasionally throw curlers/rollers or use a curling iron to change the appearance.

I try to change up my hair style for work every couple of days. I think wearing your hair the same way every single day is dull and boring. But that's just me.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I change it in the way I style it. Or I let my bangs grow out a little longer and then cut them shorter, but my hair is to the middle of my back & layered/
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My hair looks different every day-LOL. I think I need a perm...my hair is too straight and too boring.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• gertie41 - I think I'd go with a body wave. Not too curly (Shirley Temple) but not too straight (Cher).
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My hair has a mind of its own, so it is different everyday. It is naturally curly and very affected by cut and weather.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• DevilInPigtails - That's my daughter's hair. Super curly. It's currently cut short, just at the nape of the neck (layers are a bit shorter than that) and it looks super cute.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my hair is in a constant state of change..i'm growing it out, supposedly. therefore, every week or less, it will no longer lift/separate/bounce/curl/straighten/etc the way it did just days before. i change up the color about every two months, within reason. (i'm not gonna kill it by doing drastic chemical-changes if i'm trying to grow it out, right?)

when i worked, it changed about every other haircut. plus, armed with an arsenal of products/tools/creative mindset, it never looked the same on a daily basis..too boring!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My hair hasn't changed in 2 years.  I'm happy with my current style and I don't need to colour yet.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I've left mine alone as I lost so much hair from having my babies. I used to have nice blond streaks etc. always maintained but after the hair loss I put a semi permanent in it to darken it to leave it alone & t rim it myself every couple months. My hair also became wavy/curly from the kids so I wear it like that or straighten it when I have time. its still long though that won't change. I use Natural Instincts hair colour and its great and no damage usually every 7-8 weeks or so to freshen up the colour.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• most days I style it different..

but I often change it up every other month with a new cut or color, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010