Seven Slings?

Has anyone used the slings from www.sevenslings.com? Do they run small or big? I would like to get one but want to try to avoid exchanging if I can - not sure about the sizing - my shoulder to hip measurement is equal to their size '8' but my actual size and measurements equal their size '5'! Not really sure what I should be ordering!

FLOmommy

Asked by FLOmommy at 11:53 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I tried one similar to theirs. I didn't like it. I felt like I was leaning away from baby to compensate for the weight.
    I got a Moby wrap and love it. There is no measuring necessary and I never felt like I was wearing a baby since the weight was distributed so well across my body. I also never felt like she would fall out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My SIL used one and was unhappy with it. She ended up getting a Moby and LOVED it!!
    Tori77

Answer by Tori77 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Are you sure you're measuring correctly? Do you just have a really long torso, or--?

I made a sling for a mama that was a size xl, but was measuring at 23 (which is a small). I checked out her pictures and saw she's really short torso'd. I sent her both a L and XL and she fit the L.

I would try the 6 and get sizing insurance. I could give an even better recommendation if I saw a picture of you, but that's my best guess based on your description.

LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Thanks guys, I will definitely look into the Moby as well!
    As far as measuring, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right! I made sure to do it a few times w/ different tape measures and I was just as baffled as the result b/c I certainly don't have a long torso. I was thinking of just getting an in-between size and see how that works, if I decide to order it. I will exchange if I have to, but was just trying to avoid it!

Thanks for the advice!
    FLOmommy

Comment by FLOmommy (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They're free today with the code "babies"... can't beat that!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010