What Toothpaste...

does your kids like...my ds(4yrs) doesnt like the bubble gum flavor(aquafresh)...so i'm looking to get him another kind and would like some ideas... also

i hear u not suppose to use the adult brands...it should be marked kids on the paste is this true??? i have been letting him use my close-up bcuz he dont like his toothpaste

TezMoM

Asked by TezMoM at 11:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The reason for not using adult brands is they shouldn't be swallowed. If your son is good at spitting out, the adult brands are OK. My kids are EXTREMELY picky about flavors. They like some bubble gum, but not all, some mild mint. I have a drawer full of rejects. They like Spiderman mild mint right now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If he can spit and does not swallow the toothpaste, any kind is fine. The reason is the higher amount of fluoride in it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• As long as he doesn't swallow it, he should be fine with using yours. Mine still use the baby toothpaste that is safe to swallow bc they refuse to spit it out. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Honestly, most toothpaste says do not use under 2 unless it is specifically baby toothpaste. We like the Crest kids in strawberry.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• As long as he is spitting it out and not swallowing, it should be fine. I would check your local store for kiddie kinds that are not bubble gum flavor.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010