What is your stand point on Stay at Home Dads

while mommy works?
Seems to be an increasing trend esp in this economy

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 12:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's great, men can be nurturing, too, and families should do what works best for them. I'm not a fan of rigid gender roles.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• if you trust someone enough to have a child with them, why can't they stay home with them?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it's fine if one income is enough and the mother has the larger income. A child benefits from a stay-at-home parent, gender of the parent is not a factor.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my husband did it for a while after he got laid off. it worked out really well. not once since then has he said anything about me being a stay at home mom being easy! he would even cook dinner, it was nice!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it's great if that's what works for their family.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Well whoever makes more money usually works. In our case we both work. My SO claims he wants to stay home but he barely can deal on the weekends when I work! SOme men do it awesome though just not mine! LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My DH does it, he's on dialysis 3 days a week and is unable to work. But I feel a lot of the house work gets left for me to do when I get home. But other than that, it works best for our family so I'm happy with it.
    Tori77

Answer by Tori77 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Go Daddys!!!!!

More power to them, and guess what??? IT IS ABOUT TIME... lol,

I am very proud of them!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't really have a standpoint on it. I think it's completely normal and I don't find it shocking when a dad stays home. I also don't think that they deserve more credit than a stay at home mom. A guy that comes to our Autism support group stays home with his son and his wife works. Everyone is so amazed and always gives him way more credit than the stay at home moms.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My dad had his first heart attack when I was 5, and he stopped working (for the most part) from that time forward. It was awesome having a SAHD growing up. He did return to driving truck for a year or so when I was 8, but with that exception it was me and him til he died just before I turned 16.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010