Does anyone here give protein shakes to their children in the morning?

Looking for different breakfast ideas or ones to take on the go.

istealcookies

Asked by istealcookies at 12:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have given the Carnation instant breakfast with a banana and a yogurt blended in. My kids liked it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• it does work. My boys decided they hated them after awhile tho and we never went back to it, but it defintly an option
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Most all of the protien shakes that I would think are healthy enough for adults have too many nutrients in it for young children. Childrens nutritional needs differ. If you really wanted to find one, go to a health food store and find one designed for children
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ovaltine and something solid like eggs. 13 year old boy needs something solid.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I've given my two year old instant breakfast on a few occasions because we were running late or something, but never protien shakes. I'd prefer to give her a granola bar or something, LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• smoothies are also good, made with frozen fruit and yogurt. My kids like those! My kids also do the instant breakfasts
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Spiru-rein chocolate! 14 grams of protein and they lowered the iron so kids can drink it. My dd sucks one down (straw) every am. I have her sit down and relax cause it is cold and she sucks it down pretty much all at once. she has a fast growth velocity (size 8 1/2 foot at 12) and she does better with high protein meals.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Protien shakes have WAY too much protien for a young childs kidneys to process. Carnantion Instant Breakfast is all sugar with a few vitamins in it. I make muffins, breakfast cookies with oatmeal in them, eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, breakfast burritos etc.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If we want to take our breakfast on the go, we usually do fruit smoothies and granola bars. The kids love them, I love them, and they're very healthy.
    Tori77

Answer by Tori77 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• "Spiru-rein chocolate! 14 grams of protein and they lowered the iron so kids can drink it. My dd sucks one down (straw) every am. I have her sit down and relax cause it is cold and she sucks it down pretty much all at once. she has a fast growth velocity (size 8 1/2 foot at 12) and she does better with high protein meals. "

I drink the Spiru-tein shakes. I love them...didn't know they made them for kids as well. I should check them out
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010