Have you ever made...

your child/ren's costumes for Halloween? If so, what were they and how did you make it?

Tori77

Asked by Tori77 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• No i haven't but i'm thinking about doing it this year. I know i will be using the glue gun....lol
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I want to do it for my kids. But I am not that crafty. LOL
    Tori77

Comment by Tori77 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I did for my son's second halloween. The first he was a penguin, I bought a sleeper like costume at Target since he was only 9 months old. For his second I made him a skunk costume and it was SO CUTE! For his third I bought him a cow costume online because we were going to Miami for my brother's wedding over Halloween and I didn't really have the time. This year we bought him a Tigger at BabiesRUs because I am 31w4d pregnant now and at high risk for preterm labor so I have lots of other things to be getting ready now and who knows if Ill even be home for halloween so it was just easier.

Next year I will be making him one again though.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• http://www.familyfun.com/ is a great place for ideas.  We make almost all of our costumes and what sewing I do is by hand.  We've made a bat, a pirate, a zombie, a mummy, a princess (thanks to a thrift store dress redone), and more.  This year our kids are going to be Pippi Longstocking and a werewolf and we're making both of those.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• NO, I was WAY too busy
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I made a Cat in the Hat. I started with a black velvet body suit in her size and sewed a black sock on as the tail. We had some white gloves. I made a red bow tie from a thin red scarf and we bought the hat. It was awesome, and she wore it two years in a row! She even wore it around the house for over a year. I have pictures of her playing outside in the summer wearing it (in flip flops) and under the Christmas tree :)

Maybe Sarah will wear it this year.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have for years, I get patterns at the fabric store and sew away. BUT, you can also find great fun simple easy ideas online. Martha Stewart has loads of fun ideas that are soooo easy, just google her.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, for both my son and daughter, every Halloween. My daughter was 2 weeks old when I zipped her into a soft golden Bee Hive (cause she was as sweet as honey) and I made my then 2yr-old son a honeybee. When they were older, I let them pick what they wanted to be, about a month before Halloween. It was a lot of fun. The costumes included: Barney & Baby Bop, Buzz Lite Year, Pocahontas, Obi wan Kan obi, Glenda the Good Witch, Hippie, Borg, V for Vendetta, Star Trek Officer, Fairy. There are all kinds of costume patterns available, or you can take basic clothing patterns and adjust the fit or embellishments and really get creative.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm making a club penguin - penguin costume right now.
    I'm using a 1X mans black sweat shirt and some fabric. For the head I'm going to use a black baseball cap and felt!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am this year, well its his first, lol. I am making him a pteranadon costume out of a green jumpsuit (legs and body) and sewing wings onto the arms, and making a hood/head to sew along the back.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010