HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A CHILD WRITING BACKWARDS,GETS DISTRACED ALL THE TIME?

SHE WRITES EVERTHING BACKWARDS SHE WRITES WITH BOTH OF HER HANDS ANY THING DISTRACTS HER ATTENTION GETS UP SET WHEN SHE CANT GET HER HOME WORK DONE SHE JUST FOR GETS ABOUT IT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get her tested for dyslexia.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ she needs to be tested
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I highly recomment the book The gift of dyslexia, if you google the gift of dyslexia you'll find information about the Davis approach and it's awesome and really works even for kids not diagnosed with dyslexia.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 6:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I copied this off the web site..........................................
    Why is dyslexia a gift?
    Dyslexic people are visual, multi-dimensional thinkers. We are intuitive and highly creative, and excel at hands-on learning. Because we think in pictures, it is sometimes hard for us to understand letters, numbers, symbols, and written words.

We can learn to read, write and study efficiently when we use methods geared to our unique learning style.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 6:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Sounds like Dyslexia and ADHD
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I had the same problem with my 5year old. I talked with her kindergarden teacher. She said that right now she does not think it is dyslexia. She thinks that it is just her getting use to everything. So I just work with her and let her know when she writes something backwards. Taking time and working with her will help her with this problem.
    williams724

Answer by williams724 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008