Please help me with an apology..

I'm supposed to apologize to my MIL via e-mail about losing my temper and snapping at everyone after I got a bit sea sick.
I want to explain that I was nauseated and at that time I blamed her partially because she suggested I sit on the floor of the boat, not that it is logical that I blamed her, just that I did and I was also not feeling good and they all kept looking at me like I was nuts, is why I was so snappy.
I really am very sorry I upset her and lost my decorum and am also embarrassed, wish I'd been more graceful, and don't want any grudges or ill feelings/her to be afraid I'm gonna get mad at her a lot etc. which I repeat a few times in the rough draft.
DH says it's not an apology because I try to explain it all...
Okay, can an apology letter contain explainations, no "buts" were in it, even then does that just induce eye rolling on the part of the person being apologized to? Should I just say "I was sick"? HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• wow i have heard it all you get sick on a boat and your mother out-law wants you to do what----------------- i guess she has no heart how many times have to say sorry to her since you been married to her wounderful son, i would like her to say sorry to you so you said few bad things we all do it but guess you where saying what you been thinking out loud , maybe if your hubby was by your side when you where throwing up he could said sorry to his mother for you ,but i guess that s not going to happen right i am just lol because these is weird ,well to say sorry and she brings up again just laugh it off and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would simply say, "I wanted to apologize for my behavior the other day on the boat. I realize it doesn't excuse my behavior, but I wasn't feeling well and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I hope you can accept my apology."
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh geez they must be really overly sensitive. If they couldnt see that you were sea sick and cut you some slack!

I personally wouldnt apologize at all! I would just make it very clear to them that you felt HORRIBLE!

Who is telling you that you are "suppose" to apologize anyways?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I want to apologize for my behavior the other day on the boat. Unfortunately, seasickness does not bring out the best in me. This is not an excuse for being rude, just an explanation. I am embarrassed by my loss of decorum and do not want any hard feelings between us. Please forgive me.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I apologize for offending you and being rude. I was not feeling well and I offer my GREASTEST apology, that wasn't me and its not who I am, you know this because you are such a GREAT and UNDERSTANDING mother-in-law. I know you love me and will get over it. Love you lots have a great day!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think the way you said it all here explains it well, and it is an apology.... What about sending or dropping off a card instead of an email, sometimes it feels more personal.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• YEA! Finally someone who thinks an apology is as crazy as I do!!!! THANKS dutchcanadian!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010