How much Television do you allow your children to watch?

Just curious how much tv everyones kids watch. Is it Educational or just tv?
My kiddo watches about an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon, but its educational.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• One hour a day - unless it's a (rare) special or movie that we're all watching together.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 12:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My little one is only 2months old so none but we dont even have the tv plugged in! My niece and nephew hardly ever watch tv when im over, I might put it on right before bed time or while cooking but thats only about 30mins.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• probally more than i should....my ds watches yo gabba gabba all the time and my dd watches some educational stuff and some crap, mostly before she does to bed though that's her "quiet time"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Mine is two and she watches about an hour or so a day. Sometimes more when the kids are having a bad day at day care, they'll turn on a movie for them. Both at home and day care her shows are considered educational. Baby E, Sesame Street, Dora and Barney.. on the weekends I let her watch Dino Train, Super Why, etc.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't put a time limit on it. We are active and run around all day. But we watch TV at night.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• When my kids where young the only watched educational, History, and fun stuff. Never adult stuff, like talk shows, movies.

maybe 2 to 3 hours? most of the time we played games, or they played in the back yard and read a lot.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We used to watch WAY too much tv. My oldest watched probably 4 or 5 hours a day. Granted, it was usually PBS or something educational, but it's still sitting in front of the tv doing nothing. So i canceled the cable and now we just watch movies occasionally! The TV is only on once every few days now!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 12:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Tons. Always has and will. Not always educational either.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• However much they want... It's usually on all day, whether they are watching it or not... Most of the time they are just running crazy and it's on in the background, but I never limit how much or what they watch.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• None on weekdays now that school has started, and an hour a day on the weekends.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 2:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010