What age will you decide your child is to old to live in ure house and kick him/her out?

Asked by 3gurlsmom at 12:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• 18, unless s/he is going to college, then 22.

Answer by Pnukey at 12:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Depends on how well we're getting along! If it's going good, 20. If not, 18 or 19. And, if they're in college, I'll give them more time :)

Answer by Kyragirl at 12:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well, I suppose it depends on how the economy is then. If he can easily get a job and find a place after college, then once he has his degree and job. However if he chooses to work instead of college, (assuming that it is still just he and I then) he will be offered the chance to be my 'roommate' and split the bills half and half for a while until he saves up enough to have his own place. I can't really give a concrete answer.

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Forever!! I dont even want to think of them growing up and not needing me anymore. They are 4, 2 and Fetus :)

Answer by michiganmom83 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It depends. If they are in college and need help, I may let them continue to live at home. I have no clue. I just know that anywhere close to 30 is WAY too old!

Answer by cacnotcam at 1:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i would never kick my child out!! but i think once they get married its time :)

Answer by srolda617 at 6:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think it would depend on the situation. If she is lazy and doing nothing with her life at 20 - then its time to go out into the real world. But if she is a full time student with a lot of things going on in her life... I would cut her some slack. But honestly, I dont think I could kick my child out.

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My kids are 11, 8 and 6 and I have been repeating myself since they were old enough to understand sentences. My children are welcome to stay in my home as long as they are in school. If they decide to go to college I want them to not be burdened with the costly prices of rent (Lord only knows how much it will be in 7 yrs) I didn't go to college because I moved out and had to start working to pay for rent and a I finally started going to college after my 3rd child was born....I want my kids to be able to walk out of my home shielded with a degree and a plan.

Answer by Mom_2_3kids at 8:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• 21 unlees he/she is going to collage.then when they finish collage i will kick them out

Answer by elena.1122 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I will never kick my kids out. They can live at home as long as they like. I don't mind helping my kids out or having them live at home. Sometimes that is the best place for them to achieve whatever goals they are attaining too. When they are ready to leave they can leave, and if they can't make it out there, they can always come home. Their room will always be waiting for them.

Answer by angeljay7 at 3:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2008