generally how long does hyperemesis last

My name is Nytessa I’m 28 years old, living in Indiana. My husband, Michael & I currently have two wonderful children. Our daughter is 10 & our son 4. We both want more children, but in o6‘ during our sons pregnancy I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum is a severe, debilitating form of morning sickness. It was unbearable, one of the worst times in our life. Hospitalized over 20times, we constantly felt completely helpless. I had every medicine there was for nauseation. Our doctor finally suggested trying steroids. We were worried about the effects it would have on the baby. But shortly realized we didn’t have much of a choice, If it could help well try it. Thankfully the steroids worked like magic. After puking 24-7 every ½ hour, not being able to even keep a drop of water down. Anything was worth trying. After the first day I was like a new person. I was so amazed at how well I felt after being so sick.

Nytessa

Asked by Nytessa at 12:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No idea,..but I like your name! Its pretty!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• (Now) Sept 26, 2010, I’m 18 weeks pregnant with our third & again have Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Since I had it with my son 4 years ago, we know exactly what to expect. To go thru hell. I am so blessed with my family. It was just as bad then as it is now. Cant keep a capful of water down. I’m scared that ill end back up in the hospital. This pregnancy has been so hard. Same exact story, hospitalized, hydrated, & home to be sick all over again. We feel so helpless. I feel like my body is dying. I haven’t been able to keep any kind food down at all for 12 days, not even a bit L. I’ve lost 47lbs total, & 22lbs while I was Hospitalize this past week. I feel so bad my husband has to pick up all the slack. He is AMAZING, as well as our two children, our daughter
    Nytessa

Comment by Nytessa (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• A friend of mine is pregnant with baby #3 and has had hypermesis with each pregnancy...it has been worse and laster longer with each..this pregnancy she was finally able to get out of bed and up and about between 4 and 5 months but still has occasional days that she is very sick. She was on a medication prescribed to her for the nausea and was also doing some natural things to help. If you would like for me to ask her anything for you please send me a message, i am sure she would be more than happy to answer your questions.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• it can last the entire time or just first tri.. i have it its awful
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010