Was this right?

After school a boy needed to call his mom for a ride home from his HS. The only pay phone available after school hours was in the girls' gymnasium. The boy asked the girl's softball coach (a woman) if he could use the phone there. Thinking the girls were still outside practicing the coach said "Yes, but make it quick."

So the boy goes into the gym and used the pay phone. Problem here is that from where the pay phone is, you can see into the locker room. Well turned out the female coach was wrong and the girls had come in from practice and were just entering the locker room about the same time the boy was using the phone.

Being a normal 16YO boy, he looked. Another intructor saw him, assumed he was up to no good and the boy got suspended. Keeping in mind, he's still on the phone this whole time.

I don't think he should have gotten suspended. He was told he could use the phone, he maybe shouldn't have gawked but he did no bad

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 1:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I agree, if he was told her could go in there, it seems to me like it was an innocent mistake. The boy looking is also normal.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think the coach needs to step up and say she allowed him to use the phone and say she was under the impression that the girls would still be practicing... however is he the only 16 year old with no cell....
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• And people wonder why I believe all kids (teens included of course) should have a cell phone...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's not right but schools need to protect all students. I don't believe he should have been suspended but I understand how the school has to cover their butt if someone had complained.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't think he should have been suspended.. the coach was aware of where he was and should have been aware of where her girls where. And WHY is the locker room door even open? If he could see them, I'm sure the girls saw him as well.
    I'd say it was an obvious situation that could have been avoided.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't have a strong opinion either way.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010