How old should she be...

My mother used to let me play with her make up as a kid. I have no clue how old I was but I do recall fun with Mum.

My two year old would LOVE to do the same as I did. Is she too young? It's not like she'll be wearing out of the house or every day but I'm curios as to what the CM mommies think.

Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

MizusT

Asked by MizusT at 1:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say..if she understands and would enjoy plying in it with you...Why deny her. Have fun. Glob it on or go light..it's up to you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They have done studies that show make up contains a lot of lead however i let my DD wear Make up around the house when she is playing dress up (shes 4yrs) i just only let her play with lip gloss and eyeshadow.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Play with her! You both will have a blast!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You playing with her sounds like fun to me! Good bonding time too :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't see why she's to young. Although if your makeup isn't of a healthy variety you may want to watch what you are putting on her delicate skin... Beyond that, I don't see any issue.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Phew I didn't get pounced on YAY! Thanks ladies! I'll maybe try mineral makeup or something. Whee!
    MizusT

Comment by MizusT (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We used to get the loose powder because it didn't go on thick. And you can get some really inexpensive make up geared for tweens that is more likely to not cause a break out on her skin. I think that once in a while, its fun to throw away all of the "proper rules" for little girls and have a good time.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I dont see any problem. I only have a son and that sounds like fun..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My daughter is almost 2 and yes, I think it's too young. If, for no other reason that it's really messy when toddlers get into anything. I have visions of cleaning lipstick off the walls. When I was a kid, there was a line of cosmetics for kids called Bonnie Bell. You might want to find out if they still make it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Enjoy its ok
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010