Calling all Tax preparers......

I am a college educated mom of 2 who has basically been un/underemployed for about 7 years. I have toyed with the idea of becoming a certified tax preparer for sometime now. Wouldn't you know it, I just met a woman who has worked for H & R Block for close to 20 years, she told me that she makes fabulous $ and that they are alway's hireing. What do you think? Do you make good money, was it hard to go through the classes, what about work time, are tax places a good place to start or to go through their classes? Give me what info you can. I am tired of being broke, I need a good paying job and a way that I can be with my kids for the majority of the time. Give me the truth, ladies!!!!! I need the help.

KiraSaucedo

Asked by KiraSaucedo at 1:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• It could be a good job for you, but keep in mind there will be a lot of overtime and the job is generally only seasonal.

I have an accounting degree and a CPA license. I work for a small frim and I love it. We do work a lot of overtime January through mid-April, but the rest of the year we have a lot of flexibility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I was just thinking about looking into this as a part-time seasonal job. Although I have a decent full-time job, I also have 3 teens heading for college in the next 4 years so I'd like to get some debts paid off and money saved up.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010