i have three girls 8 7 3 the middle child cries all the time

for any little things like i dont like my shirt , my sister is making faces is that normal

vira78

Asked by vira78 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 3 girls too, ages 6, 8, and 10. No, I certainly wouldn't call this "normal". It's getting her what she wants, or she wouldn't continue this behavior. She may be jealous of the little one so she's acting like a little one.
    Impose a consequence on the negative behavior. Assign an earlier bedtime or revoke a privilege every time she cries over something insignificant. Tell her that she may earn her previous bedtime or her privilege back by behaving like a 7 year old.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 1:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Don't indulge her whining. Send her to her room - tell her no one else wants to hear her whine, so she needs to go be by herself.

Right now, she's getting something from that behavior - if she wasn't, she wouldn't be doing it.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• .I am going through the same thing, if you figure it out let me know and I will do the same. :) Good luck
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree with the 2 posters above me.
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 2:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It doesn't seem normal that the child would cry all the time. I'd ask her pediatrician. It is possible that this behavior is the way she gets attention, but at age 7, it doesn't seem like something she should be doing.

Answer by Bmat at 1:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My daughter, now 18, tried this for a while. She was about 5 or 6. But when she found out that this behavior didn't get her what she wanted, she gave it up pretty quickly.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 2:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That she is getting what she wants this way is my first thought, also, but I had a friend with a daughter who did this, and it turns out that the child had an emotional disorder. So I'd try not giving her what she wants for a while to see if that works, and then I'd ask her doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 4:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010