What religion are you?? I'm writing a piece for a paper:)

Hey Mommas,

I got suckered into writing a piece about different religions (or the ones that are the most active) in the United States and how they may or may not be alike. I was excited about it at first and now I am giving myself the middle finger everytime I sit down at the the computer:) There are SOOO many different types of religions practiced here in the US that it's hard to distingush which ones should get the attention for my paper.

This SEEMS like a diverse website, so what practicing religion are you??? From your answers, I will gather which religions seems to be the most prominent ones.

And no worries, I have asked people in my neighborhood and already begun my research through different organizations. This is an off the polls question and an additional non-professional opinion:)

Thanks and Many Blessings
~Nikki

Masonyastesmom

Asked by Masonyastesmom at 5:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• christain...I was raised cathlic though
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• United Methodist. It is a Protestant religion. Good luck!
    rwwmom

Answer by rwwmom at 5:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Christian
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Like the previous posters, Christian; but also Catholic. I'm a Catholic-Christian. (All Catholics are Christians, but NOT all Christians are Catholic; Just like ALL Methodist are Christians but NOT all Christians are Methodist). CM (cafemom) does have a poll section. Posting something like this there in the poll section might be better, just because it does have a "real" poll that would allow you to see the results without having to tally them all on your own. Link to poll section: http://www.cafemom.com/quizzes/poll_index.php

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Unitarian Universalist. Personally I practice Native American Seneca Wolf Clan traditions.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Paganism.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• atheist
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Atheist
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 6:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Christian
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Muslim, but you will find that Judaism, Christianity and Islam all are similar and all believe in the same prophets. Except, Christians believe Jesus is God, Muslims believe he's a prophet and I don't think Jewish people recognize him. Only the Mesiah Jews do, I believe. All 3 religions believe in the 10 comandments and have holy books sent from God. Except in Islam we believe that man has changed God's words, broken into too many sects, so God sent his last messenger with the Holy Quran, which has never been changed in over 1400 yrs and you can still get an exact copy of the original today. Anyway, Muslims have broken into sects too, which is stated in the Quran not to do so, but God gave man the ability to choose right from wrong, so it's only man who corrupts religion. Anyway, hope I was helpful. I also have a Catholic mom and a Jewish dad, ironic. lol
    raenad

Answer by raenad at 7:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2008