Anyone on wic or been on with with formula in WA State?

I was told today i can only get any type of Similac formula and thats it. I think thats so stupid! i hate similac for one. Two, I cant get gerber goostart gentle plus because its only given with a doctors approval? Really wow.. so there is only one brand/company wic gives out? Im from los angeles so this is all to different for me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that is quite typical. I have not been on WIC but I had a friend that was and when I took he to the grocery store her options were very limited.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, WIC in WA only does similac. I live in WA and alot of my friends have WIC.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• WIC gives a contract to a certain formula company based upon who gives the best bid. It's different from states to state.

So.... beggars can't be choosers. If you don't like what they offer, buy it with your own money. It's like getting a car for free and complaining that it's a ford and not a chevy! lol.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010