Flinstone vitamins

My 15 month old son doesn't take the liquid vitamins very well, and I thought that he would definately take a Flinstone. I gave him half of one (the ones with iron) and he loved it! Now I need to find out if this is something that is safe or not (wrong order - I know). Has anybody else done this, I plan on calling his ped this afternoon, but until then ... thanks!

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 1:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had recently spoken with my son pediatrician and she said they are very safe and after they are 1 years old that they are fully capable of receiving 1 whole tablet a day :) I asked cause I told her I was giving him half a tab... she said oh no you can give them a full tablet every day. I hope that I helped you out :)
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The website of the product recommends 1/2 a vitamin for kids 2-3 yrs of age. They also sell a "My First Flinstone" for that 2-3yr age group. Younger than that is not mentioned.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What does the label say? My kids use the Flintstone sour gummies and that says "not for children under 2 due to risk of choking. Children 2-3 chew 1 gummy daily, adults and children 4 and older chew 2 gummies a day"
    I would contact the pediatrician and get the go ahead before giving any meds or vitamins-- that way you know a correct dosage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Our pediatrician said only liquid until age 2 (as recommended on the bottle) and I agree with that.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use them, my kids love them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My daughters' ped said that my 15 month old can have a half of a gummy vitamin (they have princess ones I bought at Target).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• it should be ok
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Called his pediatrician, and she said "no", not until he's 2! She said only poly-vi-sol with iron, and she was very stern about the fact that he shouldn't have any amount of a flinstone - so I guess we're sticking to the nasty liquid! Bummer!
    TarraJoy

Comment by TarraJoy (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010