When to get nervous? Selling a house.

We are selling are house and it is under contract. If everything goes as planned we will have to be out by Oct 30th. Which means we have to have a rental and all of our things moved. I have never rented and I feel like we are running out of time to find a place. How much time do you think it usually takes? Are we short on time? Should I be stressing out as much as I am?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 1:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You'd better get going...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You need to go ahead and start looking now. 1 month should be enough time. Depends on where you live too. If there is an abundance of rentals then you should be okay. Good luck!
    chrissi0103

Answer by chrissi0103 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'd go ahead and start looking so you'll know what is available in your area in your price range. i think buying or selling a house is always nerve-wracking. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.  GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You can find rentals pretty easy but sometimes they require a lease of 6-12 months. And of course a deposit. Apartmentratings.com is a good site to look thru. I've used rent.com and craigslist.com to search for apts before. Houses are listed too. If you are very close to closing I'd suggest you look at storage rentals as well. You can cram a lot of stuff into one and it's less stressful paying 100 dollars for one for the month for stuff you can store. there are also some services where you can have a storage unit delivered to you and u fill it up and they pick it up and store it for you. I think one was called Pack rats. There are a few services like that. So those are some options. Good luck!
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We were transferred from Chicago to LA on June 5th- my husband started working in CA on the 6th. We found a house to rent on the 15th. The packers came and moved our stuff out on June 18th. We moved into our rental home on June 28th. The Chicago home sold in August. It is all very stressful, especially when you see the time ticking away. We stayed in a hotel from the 18-28th-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010