Starting a direct sales biz or joining a new one?

Ive been looking into starting my own direct sales business or joining in a new one that started this year or last year. I do not want to sale health products, or juices, no melalueca or ameriplain. Something with womens products in mind such as purses or make up... Any ideas?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, I don't know what to tell you. Currently I'm not with any DS company, although I'm starting with a new one in the Spring... After doing the research and going through the local vendor shows and talking with the women that sell this stuff, FOOD seems to be where the income is over the other stuff... But if you can't get passionate about the product, it doesn't matter what it is. I say decide what you can get passionate about and then look for a company with a matching agenda...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Hi, I am Tricia, and Independent Consultant with Tastefully SImple. I love Tastefully Simple! It is easy to make gourmet foods that take only 1 or 2 ingred. to make! Food does sell, The best part for me is the flexibility my husband travels so it is nice to be able to travel and see him on the road. I sell mainly through parties and I love it. An average party is $300 in sales, that is $100 profit. two parties a week four weeks in a month is $800 a month. I only do two to three parties a month because I travel a lot. It is just for my fluff money. When I need more money I book more parties it works out great.

I also have a cousin who sells Amway and make a lot of money, his business is mainly online. you check him out at hunt4goods.com

They have awesome products as well
    MrsWeathers

Answer by MrsWeathers at 1:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am a Senior Demonstrator w/ Gold Canyon Candles, I make great money in this business and love the product! Our products sells itself. I work as little or as much as I want around the schedule of my family. I work w/ a great team, tons of support and training. There are so many incentives w/ this company as well. Start up fees are low, $35.00 for your kit, plus you can earn that back w/ in 30 days plus get $25 of free product of your choice from Gold Canyon. Msg me if you would like more info.

Tiffany
    www.mygc.com/tiffanysmith
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Well it sounds fun, but if you follow stats any..they aren't going anywhere...
    All of the Food "markets" that are available now aren't looked upon too terrifically either...Melaluca is legit but really hard with today's economy, and Amway has a bad rep since the 80's...and a lot of the businesses that in the past have been a blast are struggling b/c no one wants more STUFF right now.
    These reasons and the MAJOR belief I have in the company are all reasons why I chose my company to WAH with. We have no products parties or otherwise, We are paid an outrageous amount of money Directly deposited daily to our accounts and we have a 39 year history with a RISING stock on the NYSE..I work PT and Make FT income from home.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Hi,
    I'm Jen A Consultant for La Bella Baskets, been with them 4 months going on 5 months and make an income every 2 weeks and I love I can refer people and make nice income on that and don't have to sell if I don't want to and the awesome team we have working together:-)
    Make $15 on each person you enroll and plus bonuses, the company gives you everything you need!!:-)

Right now you can jump start your biz for $1.97 interested in more info message me:-)

La Bella Income 4 U
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That is a pretty touch decision just like having any business. Take a look at my website here and see what you think http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/jtemple1979.php
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have my own Mary Kay business. With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell. It's one of the highest earning percentages in the industry!! Not only that, but I get to have fun and hang out with the girls, spend excellent quality time with my family since I only need to work a couple hours a day, I get to work whatever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! I've been with Mary Kay for almost a year now and it's honestly the best 'job' I've ever had.

When I first started with Mary Kay, my director asked me to set a goal. I told her anything would help, even $500 a month! I was shocked when I hit the $600 mark within two weeks!!! If you're interested in learning more, just let me know. I have so much more to tell you that won't fit here in this little space!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 3:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

I'm happy to help with any questions or details if this is something you're interested in!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Do you know how people get into trouble by signing contracts they don't understand, or getting tickets and having their insurance go up because they don't know what to do? Well, my company makes top lawyers available for pennies on the dollar. I enjoy helping people with such issues. If you want more information, www.genegodwin.buildlastingsuccess.com.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 11:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2010