breast feeding

ok with my first baby my breast didnt get bigger. i didnt leak before he was born and i ended up not making enough milk for him only was able to do it for a month, but now im only 13 weeks and my breast have gone up almost a whole cup size and i have like little i guess dry pieaces(sp?). i guess it means im leaking noow but since they are growing and i guess leaking. is that good does that mean i may have an easier time breast feeding? im just wondering if anyone may know or had the same thing i really want to breast feed .

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Breast size has nothing to do with supply. I never leaked during my pregnancies- and had no problem getting my milk supply up by finding a support group and getting all the info I needed to be succuessful at BFing my kids.
    I suggest you find a breastfeeding support group either through your local hospital or LaLeche League International- you can go to their website and find the nearest group to you. I also loved the book "The womanly art of breastfeeding".
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 5:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• its just everything is going better this time and its didnt go this way at all last time i jsut wanted to know if i have a better chance of it happening this time .. and personally i dotn belive that a support group will make you breast feed i had no problems my son doing it my dbody wasnt makeing it thats what was wrong
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I never leaked before my son was born and I stopped within 12 weeks of his birth. My sister leaked the entire time she bf'd... over 18 months. My mil always said we had enough milk for twins. It is a supply and demand thing... the more you nurse the more your body will make. If you supplement you will mess up your supply. But stress and improper diet will also mess with your supply. Drink lots of water and eat carbs. Keep trying. :) Hope it goes well for you!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008