boyfriend interference

right now i am not working but taking care of newborn. when my boyfriend comes home from work he misses the baby and if she is sleeping or relaxing he'll pick her up because he misses her. but i dont know how to tell him in a nice way that it takes a long time to get her quiet.

uptown378

Asked by uptown378 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I dont know about that one.... tuff call!!! I wish my boyfriend would miss our kids that much to go an pick them up, I know how hard it is im a mother of 3 almost 4 but honastly if it were me i would just let him do it cause that is so cool and alot of guys dont do that!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Just tell him. He doesn't realize that it's a bad thing. When he first walks through the door, say honey the babies sleepin so please don't wake her up. Not mean at all.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Tell him if he wakes her HE will be the one putting her back to sleep. It takes a long time to get her to sleep in the first place, and you'd prefer he didn't wake her.
    However, I can understand his point of view. He's been working all day and wants to see his little girl! If he has to put her back to sleep, hopefully he'll understand how hard it can be, and maybe he won't do it again.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Tell him he can hold her if he can do it with out waking her up. Newborns sleep like rocks sometimes.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008