• In the Spotlight:

Do you have a mentor?

If so, what relation are they to you.... or how did you find that person? Why did you select that person?

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 1:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sort of, I have someone I met at a conference who is where I want to be. She gave me her email, so when I have a tough question or need help I email her.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• YES MY FATHER (STEP HOWEVER I CONSIDERED HIM MY REAL FATHER) HE HAS SINCE PASSED AWAY. HE WAS MY LIFE MY SOUL MY EVERYTHING HE TAUGHT ME TO BE A BETTER PERSON AND WHAT KIND OF MAN THAT I NEEDED IN MY LIFE I ONLY WISH THAT HE WAS HERE TO SEE M LIFE COME BACK TOGETHER. :'( R.I.P DADDY I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No, I don't. When I first started my career, I had a mentor that was picked for me by my manager to get me acclimated to the company, but that only lasted about 6 months before I no longer needed the mentor.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I do. It is a lady that I use to work for but we kept in contact so I will occasionally talk with her to think things through and seek her advice/opinion on something.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010