Driving test!

What did you have to do? Did you mess up and pass anyway? I've been learning how to drive, and I'd like to try to take my test within the next 2 weeks, but I want to practice the test.
I can drive my car fairly well and safely, but I get nervous when I'm being critiqued and/or observed, and I want to settle my nerves beforehand.

sojourner.

Asked by sojourner. at 1:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Travel

• Im going through the same thing lol! Im used to small vehicles though, and now we have a mini van, so Im extremely nervous driving it, cause I feel huge. I live in Ohio, and I was told you just drive a couple minutes with the instructor, he'll tell you "take the next left" "turn right ahead" ect. Try driving with someone who makes you nervous, it seems weird, but I drive with my MIL, who makes me really nervous, and I actually do a lot better with her, than driving with someone else lol. GL, I hope you pass!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I took my driving test 20 years ago, so I don't remember exactly what I had to do. The only thing was marked down for was parallel parking; I was either too close to the curb or too far from it, but I don't remember which.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Well, maybe you should wait until your TOTALLY confident. Change your way of thinking with the drivers ed teacher. Think to yourself, "I can do this and I am a great driver, I will NOT allow you to mess up my driving skills"
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well it was 20 years ago but i remember somewhat when u first get in your car take a deep breath and relax imagine the instructer as a long ago friend you just found . when you get in the car put your seat belt on fix your mirrors when the test start and they tll you ready drive put signals on and look at your mirrors and also turn your neck to see also dont depend on all your mirrors. listen carefully and you should be ok also they might throw a trick question in like turn left and go all the way to the end of the street and make another left then he asked me what kind of street is this i said one way he said the why are you on your far right to take the left turn . you will do 3 point turns and parrallel parking also good luck and remember serenity now be calm
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It was about 5 years ago and I remember I had to do a three point turn and parallel park, which I failed on the first time.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I remember taking it when I was 20 (nine years ago) and did okay. Go to an empty parking lot to practice. When you feel you're ready, go for the test.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2010