Makeup Primer

what is it, what does it do & whats the difference between that & foundation? can u name a good one to try. Thnx.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You can get it at ULTA too! If You don't have an ulta in your area you can order from ULTA online. You can use it with any foundation, but you can buy the primer, concealer, foundation, and the powder for $50 at ULTA!! I love them! I always buy the kit. Or you can just buy the primer! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I KNOW YOU PUT IT ON FIRST TO MAKE YOUR MAKEUP SMOOTHER AND LOOK MORE AIR BRUSHED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT CAUSE I HAVE NOT USED IT AND I AM INTERESTED TOO
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use smashbox foundation primer. Yes it does make a difference. I fills in all the cracks and holes in the skin so the foundation goes on smoother, more airbrushed looking. I get told I have beautiful skin, even though I have pouros red skin. As a make up artist I use it as a must. Don't leave home with it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• porus! lol You can get it at ULTA or Sephora. It lasts forever too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I love it!! I use Avon primer, not because I sell it but because I can afford it LOL
    My4Dragonflies

Answer by My4Dragonflies at 2:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Smashbox isn't that exspensive and lasts longer.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Smashbox here too
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• thnx ladies where can i find this smashbox? is it specific at Sephora? and do i have to use foundation to use the primer? i don't use foundation i use MAC studiofix powder as its enough for my skin - musicmom80 your professional opinon is appreciated : )
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I just saw a new ad yesterday and L'oreal and Covergirl have both come out with face primers at a lot cheaper price. I want to try them.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I use MAC's and it makes me look airbrushed even though I have HUGE pores.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010