Answer truthfully.....

What would you change about our world as we know it if you could?
What would you keep?
What would you be willing to sacrifice?

Would you be willing to live in hell if that meant that the people you love could live in bliss?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• What would you change about our world as we know it if you could? >>> start getting stricter against anyone that harms a child on purpose (like molesters, murderers, abusers, etc). Straight to the chair for those people. And then completely revamp our government system.
    What would you keep? >>> I'd like to keep most of our laws (not all).
    What would you be willing to sacrifice? >>>some of our laws, our leaders for new ones, and the "bad guys" (see above).
    >>
    Would you be willing to live in hell if that meant that the people you love could live in bliss? >>> sure but I don't believe in hell.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Hmmm, I would abolish all religion, because too many atrocities and judgemental behaviors have been and continue to be committed in the name of one god or another... As for sacrifice, I would gladly give up some of my own income (through taxes etc) to assure EVERYBODY has access to healthcare, housing, and any other basic human need.

Hell? Don't believe in it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i am with lovingsahmommy on this one
    i have way too much on my plate to try to save the world
    i can not even save my relationship
    and just realized i can change what is not mine to change

so, no, i do not want to go to hell for a minute, life on earth will never be 100% bliss, NOR should it be, where is a lesson in that

if i could change anything, it would be ME, next time someone craps in my cereal, please God let me see it as crap and not those little marshmellows - that he is telling me it is

thanks all
    have a good day
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Great question. I honestly don't feel like getting into so deep of a subject right now, but here's a bump! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What would you change about our world as we know it if you could? People would be better educated and more open minded, allowing others to live their lives by their own terms and without causing harm to others. Complete tolerance of others and the freedom to be us.

What would you keep? The beauty of individuality.

What would you be willing to sacrifice? Nothing. I shouldn't have to. No one should. That's the point.

Would you be willing to live in hell if that meant that the people you love could live in bliss? I don't believe in hell, so that's not even a worry...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I need to slightly modify my answer by saying "all ORGANIZED religion".
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What would you change about our world as we know it if you could? I would take away bigotry, prejudice, hatred.
    What would you keep? The good in humanity
    What would you be willing to sacrifice? Mosquitoes

Would you be willing to live in hell if that meant that the people you love could live in bliss? For my husband and daughter, definitely.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What would you change about our world as we know it if you could?  I would get rid of all religion.  It is holding humanity back.
    What would you keep?  Disease.  As horrible as it is, it is necessary to keep the population in check.
    What would you be willing to sacrifice?  I can't answer that right now because I need more time to mull it over.

Would you be willing to live in hell if that meant that the people you love could live in bliss? .  Not applicable.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What would you change about our world as we know it if you could? I would love to end hunger or war.
    What would you keep? Faith
    What would you be willing to sacrifice?  A lot, everything if it would happen.

Would you be willing to live in hell if that meant that the people you love could live in bliss? No, bliss is meant for the next life, not this life.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What would you change about our world as we know it if you could? - Good-bye organized religion
    What would you keep? - Natural disasters. There has to be some way to keep population in check.
    What would you be willing to sacrifice? Whatever it took, with the exception of my children.

Would you be willing to live in hell if that meant that the people you love could live in bliss? I don't believe in hell.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010