My little boy is almost 4 months old and is not sleeping through the nite. I put him to bed late, around 10:30 AND and gets up around 1:30 or 2:00 then again at 5am and then 7am. Its pretty tough. I do not breast feed anymore otherwise her would be up at every our. Is this normal?

He is a great baby, just lots of energy

andi4th

Asked by andi4th at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on what you call normal. Try putting something with your scent on it in his crib, example bra or blouse. Sometimes this helps. It worked for me with my daughter. Good luck.
    PreciousJewelle

Answer by PreciousJewelle at 6:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• normal is different for every baby. I'd say this is average, though, being he is only 4 months. It is not unusual for kids to be past one or even closer to two when they FINALLY sleep through the night on a regular basis.
    Karri_B

Answer by Karri_B at 6:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My ped told me that is normal for babies to wake up through the night until up to a year *SIGH* My DD eats twice during the night. We should start a support group and not invite all the moms who are all MY baby has slept through the night since she was 2 days old.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son is almost 5 months old and has never even been close to sleeping through the night. He's up about every 2 hours sometimes more. But he's also breastfed. I guess that has a lot to do with it. You're getting more sleep than some of us. I'm not sure how to help ya. I just thought that maybe my situation would make you feel better about yours. Good luck!
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• try a tv or radio in his room down low! my son has to have it on for him to sleep and every since i tried the tv thing he has slept all night!he goes to bed at about 9 or 930 and sleep till 7 or 8!if he wakes up the tv keeps him entertained until he gets hisself back to sleep!he rarely wakes me up during the night anymore!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 2:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2008