Wide set eyes...

I have been told weird things about my eyes to that they r my best feature but if I dont wear mascara and brow pencil I look just plain and sick.Im fair completed with light freckles med golden blond hair and blue/green eyes by the way is that Hazel?Im a sahm so I never put much makeup on but would like to start looking better for me and hubby.What can I do to bring out the color and just overall eyes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• go here...
    http://www.eyestune.com/eye-makeup/makeup-for-wide-set-eyes.html

That has all the answers that you are looking for, and no, blue/green isn't hazel... hazel is brownish green
    with blue-green you can use the shadow for either, depending on what color you want to pop that day...
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wide-set eyes are open and inviting, so try enhancing that quality while making them appear closer together by using stronger shades, particularly at the inner corners.

1. Highlighter Shade: Apply to brow bone.

2. Midtone Shade: Starting from the outer corner of the crease, bring the color toward the inside corner of the eye. Deepen the color on the inside corners and lid to help the eyes appear closer together.

3. Accent Shade: Starting slightly in from the outer corner, brush color across the upper lashline and into the crease of the eye. Also sweep it underneath the lower lashline, being careful not to extend it beyond the outer edge of the eye.

4. Eyeliner: Glide on a thin, soft stroke on upper and lower lashline just to the outer edge of the eye. Soften with the Eyeliner/Eyebrow Brush, if desired.

5. Mascara: Sweep evenly onto upper and (if desired) lower lashes.

mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 2:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• first, yes that is considered hazel.. but if you want to bring out those eyes, I'd opt for some cooler toned highlights or low lights in your hair since they are more on the cooler green/blue side. (if your skin tone is cool, loose the golden tones all together). For eye make up: because your eyes are wide set apply the shadow on the upper inner side of the eyelid toward the nose and blend carefully. Here is a video to show you:

http://www.marykay.com/whatsnew/applicationstips/eyepromise/applyhere_wide-set.aspx

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• For colors:

you want an orange base to bring out the blue or a red base to bring out the green.
    Now obviously you won't go straight orange or red, but
    with blue you want peach and copper, mauves and plums.
    with green eyes you want more coppers, rusts, pinks, plums, purples, etc.
    So something in those ranges should work for colors.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• a great eyebrow shape can really bring out your eyes as well.

(for more details pm me).
    xxhazeldovexx

• take a fun free virtual makeover. You will be asked your eye shape. inbox me for the site
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 2:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Mascara
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010