How do I fix the chewed up corner of a wooden entertainment stand?

Our dog has been chewing on the corner of the stand, but that's a question I already asked. Now, how do I fix it so that it doesn't appear chewed on? I've been coloring in the exposed wood with a black marker, but it is most obviously not a sharp corner anymore. My husband is going to freak if he sees it!

elwalters77

Asked by elwalters77 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Home & Garden

• You can buy a putty at the home depot to fill in the chew marks and recolor the end after sanding it back into shape. Even if the dog chewed off a big chunk you can use this wood putty to reshape a new corner. Ask the guy at the Lowe's or Home Depot or Menards.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Ut ooh! This is gonna be a problem, let your husband find it and you freak out!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Can use sand both corners to even it out? Maybe he could chew on the other end and you could tell your hubby it's a Design on a Dime tip instead of buying new furniture!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2008