Could you take an art class with a nude model?

Would it matter if the model was male or female?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I went to an art college. I had a nude figure drawing class every semester. The first time is very weird. After that, it's no big deal. We had all body types, fat, muscular, pregnant. I really loved it and would love to take another class like that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I can't draw, paint, etc. for crap. But assuming I could, a nude model would not bother me regardless of gender.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't feel that I would have an issue with it, male or female.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Sure, I think it would be a great class to take.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes. In college I was an art major and had several nude figure drawing classes. Not a big deal. We did have one guy who was obviously only there to ogle the models, so he was asked to leave. But most people were not even phased by it.

I have seen all kinds of people in those classes without clothes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i don't think you can take an art class w/o a nude model. i i went to art college as well, NHIA and it important to learn to draw the human figure nude to learn the proportions of the body
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• First I have to learn to draw. I can't even draw a stick figure. Afterwards, or pretending that I already can. A nude model would not bother me and the gender wouldn't bother me.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 2:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• sure
    went to art school
    was not weird to me
    first minute before first model was kind of strange, waiting to start, but once person came out and dis robed, no big dea
    man , woman, did not matter, old and saggy or young and tight, did not matter
    but that is a true artist, put an engineer or accountant in that class (thinking easy class) and a true artist may have an issue
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• opps
    typos on mine
    a non artist may have issue

you know what i mean
    too many typos and venting on other posts, need to go get more boxes and pack more
    difficult day for me, what else is new

thats all
    have a nice day
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The nudity wouldn't bother me at all, male or female, but I couldn't do it because I can't draw. I might end up making things bigger or smaller than they should be lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010