Do you backwards Diaper your toddler?

my eighteen month old will de-pants himself in seconds if I don't backwards diaper him once I had found BM on the floor followed where it went and found him sitting in his pee puddle.... Have you ever had a crazy de-diapering story ? If so let me know this I think will be really funny!

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Normally taking their own diaper off is a sign they are ready for potty training. My son asked to pee like daddy when he was 16 months old so we got a potty and while it did take a while for me to feel comfortable taking him in public without cloth training pants (he was about 20 months old) he did very well at home. He didn't night train until about 3 years though. My daughter on the other hand showed no signs until she was over 2 years and was completely day and night trained in about 1.5 months.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My kids always figured out the backwards diaper thing. Nothing worked! I can't wait to be out of the diaper stage, I've seen enough shit for one lifetime! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I used to. My daughter would take her diaper off in bed, and we'll just say sometimes it wasn't pretty. She eventually figured that out. We started to potty train-and haven't had issues sense.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• in the cooler months you can cut the feet out of footie pajamas and put them on so the zipper is in the back :D I have heard of people going so far as to put a large piece of tap all the way around
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have four children I have had the backwards with my oldest two but then shortly after they would potty train do you think that it is too early to potty train at 16 months? I dont think he would grasp the concept but at the same time I am not sure his older brother potty trained at 18 months and never had any accidents.... he went poo on the potty once and was like are you kidding me I dont have to wear and or sit in this! hell yeah I will use the toilet. My daughter did not potty train until almost three years old..... I have also heard recently when they de-pants themselves it is a call out to potty train... blah am losing it lol
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh, I did the tape thing too.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• dang I am messed up lol I meant to put in the top that he was 16 months and put eighteen lol
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010