When your teen turned 18 , did she /he get a different attitude??

pinkflowerpetal

Asked by pinkflowerpetal at 2:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Not at all neither one f my girls.. I am the only one in this house allowed to have an attitude lol ...My hubbie sad that lol...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My hubbie said that lol... About me ( mom) when my girls was growing up so attitude was not allowed in our house at all. I do not have one so they could not have it here either..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Not really but we had rules that included "you living under my roof you follow my rules" Anytime they threatened to "just move out" I just said fine, just remember you will be taking your car insurance and cell phone bills with you. That always worked. They also knew that they were to either get a full time job or go to college or work and go to college part time. The only other rules I had were do your own laundry and be home by 1. 2 of 3 are still at home and working full time while going to college part time. They will switch to college full time and working part time in Jan.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• For a relatively short time.He liked to say 'I'm a MAN' so eventually I told him yes but a starter man.Then when told us he could do as he wanted because of being A MAN we told him he could do as he liked under the roof he paid for,buy himself a car ,pay for gas and good luck with supporting himself through college.I also pointed out unless he wanted me to show up at his house when he was around 35 and run the show to make up for him deciding to run my house he needed to re think this.He laughed but I said it a few more times then he got the point.So we had a discussion concerning modification of weekend curfew,always letting us know where you will be for the night and consideration and things got back to good.He turns 26 Fri and he tells his middle school brothers that mom and dad really do know what is best to help you grow.It make my heart smile.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh I was lucky with my daughter she just had a few bumps but we moved through them quickly.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No.My boys have always been great and well adjusted kids.Who are men now.Only my oldest,Josh,was killed in January.He was 31.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 7:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, my DD thought she was an ADULT now, lol! And then she woke up. It will take a little longer mentally
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No mine waited until she was 21.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• how'd you manage to wait that long? My teenage attitudes arrived on cue aged 12-15 depending on the child.... I also tell my oldest I think he was born old. He always has a good sense of helping out his siblings.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had a rotten attitude as a teen, but I moved out right after my 18th birthday. My mom doesn't think I got an attitude then because she likes the kid she raised.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010