how Do i teach him no?

Ok so my 8 month old gets into EVERYTHING!!!!! I try to tell him no when he does really dangerous things.. what can make him learn faster that no means no and he shouldnt do it?

stressedmommy88

Asked by stressedmommy88 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell him no - and either take the thing away or remove him from the area. If he goes after it again, try a time-out. Simply say "NO" firmly and a little bit loud then put him in a playpen to keep him out of mischeif. He can have toys and such - this isn't a formal time-out at this age - but it forces him to redirect his attention since he can't get to what he wants. Soon he will learn to connect "NO" with being taken away from everything he wants - including the freedom to roam the house.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My daughter has been getting into things since she was about 7/8 months. I understand how you feel. If its something that can hurt the baby put it up. When he gets into something just tell him NO and get him interested in something else. or you can move him away from something tell him no and sit him down. Sitting my daughter down away from the mess she got into works best for me. Good luck.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• thats the thing i tell him no and move him somewhere else and he starts to cry and crawl right back over there.. and when i put him in the crib or something that he can really go anywhere in he starts SCREAMing.. cuz he likes to climb on the tv stand and shake it and im afraid the tv is going to fall on him or he LOVESSSS cords and goes to them to! so ahh lol ill keep trying tho
    stressedmommy88

Answer by stressedmommy88 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2008