Where do you go to take the daily presidential polls?

Where do you go to take the daily presidential polls that radio stations and news channels use to say which candidate is ahead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I personally don't listen to the polls...I hear everyone talking about them...but to me it's like the weatherman telling me there is a chance of rain for tomorrow and the rain never comes....I will wait until the elections are over and all votes counted to see which candidate wins....polls don't really matter in the scheme of things. If you remember from the last election they kept saying that Kerry was ahead in the polls, but he obviously ended up not becoming president?
    Anonymous

• kerry was ahead in the EXIT polls - those are people that are leaving the voting booth. He never led once in the AP/WSJ/NYT polls.

I look at all of the polls, and right now, all 3 say something different.
    Anonymous

• You don't. They randomly select people to call.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• www.fivethirtyeight.com is the BEST PLACE to get polling information. It's already a sealed deal.
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 1:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Also, you can go to GOOGLE MAPS and click on the US to see which state is going to which candidate, and all 8 major news stations are a part of it ,you can click on whichever one you trust most.
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 1:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2008