Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood in placenta?(high risk pregnancy)

im 18 weeks the doctor told me about 3 weeks ago that i had blood in the placenta, and he didnt know what was going to happend. in other words that i can have a miscarriage he realy scared the crap out of me im soo worried. i have a high risk pregnancy and well i just wanted to know if anyone had that same problem and is it bad?

Answer Question

Asked by pattycakez89 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • i havent but i will pray for you and i hope everything turns out alright for you and your baby

    Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • I would be requesting to see a high risk doctor and get a second opinion.. There are things that they can do. i have to take a high dose of aspirin daily, but I also have several other things wrong with my pregnancy such as incompetent cervix and high blood presser. They don't know why but I am 21 weeks and I am monitored twice a week by my high risk doctor and also my OB doctor.

    Answer by JD08 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • Well...I don't have "blood in the placenta" like you do but I AM a high risk pregnancy. I am 15 weeks and have already had four ultrasounds. I have hemorrhagic cysts on my ovaries and I also have PID causes by a recent miscarriage (6 months ago). I DO know what it's like to fear miscarriage. Stress only makes things worse for yourself and your baby. You could do what I do. You could go online and research your disease. Thoroughly inform yourself on it so there will be no more surprises (hopefully). You could discuss treatment options if there are any. Talk about what could make things better off for you and your baby if there aren't any treatment options. If there is even a SLIGHT chance that you MAY miscarry your doctor is required to tell you. I'm sure he didn't mean to scare you and it may not be as bad as you think. Good luck and if you want to chat about it further, please PM me!


    Answer by AvasMommy810 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • As JD08 stated, your doctor will refer you to a specialist for high risk pregnancies who will have a lot more information for you....


    Answer by AvasMommy810 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.