Help!

I got pregnant as at 18 with a guy i had only been with 5 months. I do/did love him and we ended up getting married. I have been a christian since i was young and grew up in the church. I really got led aways from God during this time and obviously made so bad decisions. Since we have had another child and he does go to church with me. However, he doesn't really know much about religion. He says he cares. But it doesn't seem like he does cause he never will talk to me about it or pray with me. I want to raise our children to love God, he says he wants the same, but his actions speak otherwise. I don't want to divorce him but i feel at a complete loss. Now i see we are so different. Can this work? I pray abou this but haven't noticed change. I do have faith that God can change and does so in his perfect timing but i feel soooo lost right now!

CaityMarie

Asked by CaityMarie at 2:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If he was a good father and husband otherwise,religion would not make me leave him. Let him worship his way,you do it your way.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• He is your husband and you have a commitment to him. Here is my motivation... Proverbs 14:1 (NKJV) The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish pulls it down with her hands.
    You be the example and show him and he will see God through you. Build up your house and be the encouragment that your family needs, don't get upset, stay strong and positive and he will see that and God will change him. You cannot change a person, only HE can.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it's difficult but I wouldn't divorce someone without putting in a lot of work. If in all other areas you are happy I don't think this should be a deal breaker. Try accepting him and this feelings about God and Religion, that is what you would want from him. If he is respecting your religious views then you should do the same. He isn't stopping you from teaching your kids about your faith. Of course pray that you can find some common ground to come together on. I hope it works out.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• In marriage there are many opportunities to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow the Lord in holiness.  You are a primary channel of grace for your husband, so concentrate on praying for him every day.  1 Peter 3:1-4 explains that husband can become believers through their wives godly behavior, rather than using words.

So above all, pray for him, and focusing your energy on being a holy wife based on Proverbs 31.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 7:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• His way may not involve a church. It's about the spiritual connection that you have with your diety. Not whether go to a building and worship. My husband is rather anti-socialist and won't attend church except for special occasions and that's fine. When you get right down to it church is nothing more than a weekly social club. That may not be his thing. If he's a good husband and father that is way more important than attending a church. You can't force him to go only be an example. Love him for who he is and respect the fact he has his own way of doing things.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Suggestion: Work on your own salvation.. and release your husband into the Father God's hands. Let Him work with your husband. When he is ready he will come around. You need to deal with you ok? Another thing to do is this.. Dont ask God to change him, ask God to bless him . When you speak blessing and honor over and about your husband... it will rock your world in a major good way and it will rock his too :-) Just believe that God is in charge and has everything all planned out. Just let Him work with you and how you need to walk... everything else will fall right into place!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• the advice that all the woman have given you so far has been spot on. but i do want you to remember that just because you're husband doesn't show it, doesn't mean you can't teach your children either. they learn from both of you.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 1:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010