MIL wants to get rid of the baby!

So when we first told my MIL I was prego she wanted us to get rid of it. There was no reason. My DH and I are in our mid-20s and were totally ready. She is just such a horrible person! So my SIL is now 7 months pregnant and my DH just found out a month ago and I only found out a few days ago. She tells us their mom didnt want her to tell anyone and she has obviously made my SIL feel ashamed of it. Shes almost 30 years old, her man loves her and wants to have a beautiful family so whats the problem? My MIL is now trying to get her to give it up for adoption! And everyone just laughs it off like its nothing. Why am I the only one offended here? How would you feel if this was your mothers reaction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• Another example of why MIL 's have earned their reputation. She is NUTs! You are fine! Ignore her and hopefully she will find her broom and fly off. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i would say something and tell her what i tought thats awful!
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• She sounds like a wacko!!!!!!!!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I can't even imagine my mother or my mother-in-law saying such a thing. My mother had 8 kids......now I have 27 nieces and nephews! My mother-in-law was such a staunch Christian, she'd never say that. So I just can't even imagine. I can only assume that she has her own personal demons to deal with. Does she have a mental problem you were/are unaware of? Early dimentia perhaps? My son will be married next summer (he's 28) and I know in a couple years they will start a family. It will be so fun!!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I'd say "Fuck YOU bitch!" Then I'd slap her and tell her that she doesn't have to worry about it cuz she won't get anything to with the baby. I'd be offended. Dumb bitch
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Maybe your MIL has her own ideas of when you guys should have kids or how many kids. It's actually none of her business, and she's probably got a few screws loose but some MIL's are like that. My husband and i had decided that we were gonna have 3 kids unless we have multiples at some point in time, and at my baby shower with my 1st, she told me that we will have 2 baby's and her daughter will have 2 baby's and that's all the grandkids she can handle. When i told her we planned on having 3, she shot me the look of death and said well i don't think you should, there's no reason to have that many.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• And now we're pregnant with number 2 and her daughter has had 1 and she made a comment of, well she (her daughter) just needs one more and we'll all be done. And i just rolled my eyes and dropped it. She won't decided for us how many we will have, and if she doesn't accept any that come along after the 2nd, then she won't be seeing any of them. But try not to let her get you too down, she's probably just a little unstable.
    FinleyFirst

• I would tell her to stay the hell away it was your baby and if she didnt want to have anything to do with then dont,she sounds twisted to me.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 7:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• This situation is very odd. And scary. I wouldn't want her around my children. Its none of her business anyway and that's what you need to tell her if she is rude enough to say this kind of stuff again. If she persists I'd stay away from her - completely, until she gets better, becuase she sounds like a sick woman.
    Traleelai

Answer by Traleelai at 10:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Let her know that if she isn't interested in being a grandmother, fine- but you all want to be parents!! I would avoid her as much as possible, she doesn't need to have contact with people she is so rude to!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2008