Having a baby makes you more fertile?

So I wasn't on birth control for nearly 3 years. No condoms, lots of sex... didnt get pregnant... After 3 years, I got pregnant. It seems strange to me that it didn't happen sooner. I know there are only a few days per month you can get pregnant, but wow. Anyhow, I hear so many stories of the same thing with people, but as soon as they have their first, they get pregnant again. Does having a baby make you more fertile?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 7:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• From what I understand its easier to get pregnant after having one. That is for some people. I got pregnant 7 months after having my daughter and i only had sex 2 times. I had sex many times before i got pregnant with my daughter. some with protection but A LOT with out. My mom got pregnant with me when my sister was only 4 or 5 months old lol. so i guess its true for her too. But the way I look at it, it depends on the person.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It does. I had a ton of unprotected sex as well - I never got pregnant. I finally did - I had a miscarriage and immediately after I got pregnant again - literally withing a couple of weeks.
    Anonymous