What is your position and why

On abortion. How do you feel, how important is this issue to you, and why do you feel this way. No attacking. This is a question rather than a post because last time I posted a controversial issue, I had to cancel my cafemom account thanks to all the rude and nasty moms on here. Keep it clean please. PS: it's for my psychology class report.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am pro-choice. I want the option to abort open to me. I have had 2 abortions. I am not the one who pays for raising other womens children. I don't have to live with their choices. So I want them to have choices. I do think that the need for abortions needs to be addressed, meaning birth control needs to be taught more in schools, and discussed more openly.
    collegemom123

Answer by collegemom123 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would never have an abortion. That's my preference.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I feel it is a choice that should not be taken away. I am pro-choice but I am not pro-abortion. It should be a last resort. It would be great if it was a procedure only needed when the baby's or mother's life was in jeopardy, or in cases of rape and incest. I would rather see unwanted pregnancies prevented than terminated. I also think if you make abortion illegal it will lead to people getting abortions in other ways and that is worse. If you could take an embryo or fetus out of a woman and keep it viable then maybe we wouldn't need abortion, but as it stands I don't think you can force a woman to carry a baby and if you try to it can lead to a lot of other problems that are worse than a safe, legal abortion.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't think anybody is "pro-abortion"... I'm pro-choice, absolutely. I wish abortion wasn't a necessary option, but to me, it is. I don't think a woman who was raped, or a woman whose own life is in danger should be forced to go through with a pregnancy. Do people take advantage sometimes? Sure, and I'm definitely not in agreement with that. But I don't believe a few bad apples should spoil it for everybody. Sometimes abortion is the best option. I also agree with collegemom that if our children were more informed, and birth control more easily available to everybody, the need for abortions would probably go down. Actually, I KNOW it would, since I grew up in a very liberal country, where people are extremely open about sex, birth control, etc. And the teen pregnancy/abortion rate there is almost non-existent.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What is your position and why

I would never get an abortion. If someone else chooses to end the development of a life they created, that is on them.  It is up to a power greater than all of us to judge them.  I agree with the Hyde Amendment and do not think other Americans should have to fund someone else's poor responsibility and poor choices.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• 1. I'll never understand how or why colllege " kids" use CM as a source for papers. Just how do you cite that?
    2. I'll never understand why someone would think that just because you beg in the question, you are going to magically have other members do what the hell you want.
    3. I had to cancel my cafemom account thanks to all the rude and nasty moms******I think what happened is that you got the boot
    4. Unless you get a Doctorate in Psychology, you'll never get a job with that degree. GL!!!!!!!!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh and BTW, you can kiss my butt, you call the moms here rude and nasty WHILE you are asking for our help?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• College Mom,
    Do you need education in birth control?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Here are some answers.  I hope that helps your report.

How do you feel about abortion?

what is your feelings on abortion?

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am pro-choice. As Anouck said, no one is "pro-abortion". I don't think that anyone can make a decision for any one else on whether or not to continue or terminate a pregnancy. There are too many factors involved to make a blanket "one-size-fits-all" law regarding a woman's reproductive rights and needs. It is a decision that should always be left to the woman, her doctor, and, if she chooses, the partner involved in the pregnancy. It is not up to the majority of Americans to vote on whether or not she should have the right. It's just too personal to involve government.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 3:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010