early onset puberty in girls

Are there moms out there with girls who have started puberty early. I have a 8 yo who has been diagnosed with an accelerated adrenal process.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Health

• What nationality is your daughter? I am white, but my daughter is biracial (black/white) and she is 9. Reason I ask is I have been told that black girls, and bi-racial girls develop earlier. She has been wearing a training bra for over a year and is getting ready to move to a regular one. She is also getting hair and body odor, etc. She has not had her period yet, but is seriously hormonal at times.
    Anonymous

• I am white, and I started puberty at 7. I never knew what exactly caused it or why I was so much earlier than other girls. I didn't start my period till 12 though.
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008