Sippy Cups

My 10-month-old still doesn't get the concept of a sippy-cup. She just chews on the spout.

Do you know any brands or tips that helped your baby transition from bottle to cup?

Biz1985

Asked by Biz1985 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try walmart nubby cups they have the ones that are sippy cups but are when u sipp it, it's a texture of a bottle thats what i tryed then my son understod the concept of a sippy cup after a while then i switched to a regualr sippy cup
    marcelina08

Answer by marcelina08 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Have you tried the straw ones? My daughter did really well with the Nuby ones too. Then after she got the hang of those, we switched to the Take and Toss ones that had the straws.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing, but took well to the cups w/ the straws.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son never liked to tip it, so at 8 months i switched to a straw. He loves them :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my ds didn't like the nuby or straws he still has a hard time with sippy sups and he's 13 months old but pampers makes a soft top sippy cup that he likes and gerber have some with handles that are kinda soft that he'll drink out of too but those are the only ones GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Give it time. She'll get it eventually. Just keep offering it at mealtimes, and when she's ready, she will take it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• nubby. My daughter is very independent so when we saw that she was interested in the sippy cup we placed her in her crib and sat the cup in there with her. We would close the door so it was only open a crack and watched her. She is shy at first so she would never use it in front of us, lol. We watched her through the crack though and she picked that sippy and up drank it like she'd been doing it all her life! lol. She had the juice gone within minutes. We did that with her 2 times a day and now at 13 months old she drinks it wherever she goes and is off her bottle totally.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wait a little longer. There is time. Some kids never use sippies.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2010