Do you think it's possible that my 13 yr old still believes in Santa?

Or is he just screwing with me? He'll be 14 in October but never lets on that he thinks Santa is fake. He has two little brothers so I am mighty thankful for his tact but I'm just wondering if he really believes or is just keeping up the charade for giggles. Obviously I can't ask him.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 3:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• He doesn't want you to know he knows Santa is fake. Just give him an extra hug and giggle to yourself.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 3:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• He might still WANT to believe in santa, but i am sure he knows he's not real.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• imo
    just keeping up the charade for giggles
    and more gifts
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• he's screwing with you and/or just wants to believe,but doesn't really believe

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think he is doing it to entertain you..prob doesnt believe.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• by that age i would say he is just in it for the presents. he knows santa doesnt exist. that's what me and my brother did. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would be willing to bet he is simply keeping the tradition alive for the younger ones. Pull him aside one day , away from the younger ones, and ask him what he wants Santa to bring him this year. Gauge his reaction. That's what I would do. If he does know the truth, then you owe him a thank you for not spoiling it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh and my hubby didn't have any younger ones to "keep the dream alive" for. It's frightening... and yes I still married him. :D
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm 40 and I still believe in Santa. Santa is part of the magic of Christmas.

How can you not believe in the magic of Santa and Christmas?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I honestly believed until I was 12. I remember distinctly because I saw my mom's hand writing on a tag on a gift from Santa. When I asked her about it she made some lame excuse, but I knew from then on.

I have no idea how I got to that age without knowing. My son is 11 and I think he has known for the past two years. Well he definitely knew last year, the year before is iffy.

I had older siblings that were very careful not to talk about it and my friends and I never discussed it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010