How do you tell your husband?

I love the way my DH looks, he's 6'2 and about 320. He's put on over 70 pounds in the last 3 years, but I'm still attracted to him. He hates the way he looks, and honestly as a nutritionist and personal trainer I'm terrified for his health. We've talked about it a lot and he wants to lose the weight, but he won't do anything about it. I've tried to get him on one of my programs, but he sneaks food when he's not home... and refuses to exercise. I'm really worried about his health, how do I convey this to him without starting a fight?- He's only 24 I'm almost 30... and we have 3 kids I'd like him to see our grandbabies.

kikitty

Asked by kikitty at 7:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• Be honest with him...but speak to him kindly. Don't tell him in a way that makes him feel like you are trying to force him to do anything...but let him know that you are worried about him. If he cares about you and about his family, he'll be willing to at least listen to what you have to say. Let him know that you are still attracted to him, let him know how much you love him...don't try and make him feel threatened. Ultimately, the decision to make a change is up to him, but you should be able to tell him you're concerned without him freaking out. Best of luck.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 7:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Is there a reason he is over-eating? New or on-going stress? Just a bout of depression/insecurity issues. Just make sure he knows that you love him NO MATTER WHAT. Like sophiafarris said though you should be able to have a "grown-up" conversation with him about your concerns without him freaking out.
    clueless1972

Answer by clueless1972 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Maybe talking isnt what he needs. what about making him think he is the one doing all the thinking. Start planning physical things for the family to do. A day hiking. A day at a big zoo with alot of walking. Make his activities WANT him to change for the better. If he starts to see for himself he is not healthy & his family is passing him up, it may make him more coincence... At home cook healthy foods. healthy snacks at home. If he sneaks bad food away from home. let that be his weakness. Doesnt everyone need to indulge sometimes. At first he may need to indulge alot. but as he slowly gets healthier & realized the better he is to his body. the better his body is to him. may help him stear clear of McD's!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Maybe you can do somethings together... Take walks, hikes... Do it with him, it might bring out the competitive side of him as well.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Be honest,

You can hint to it, without hurting his feelings,

but if your very worried,
    just seriously tell him
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• start off by saying something like "hun you know how much I love you...." and explain that you are worried about his health & he is worrying you. Let him no u r telling him this cus you love him so much.
    Anonymous

• TRY Acupunture and hypnosis. they worked for me. SOUTH BEACH DIET was a great help
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 10:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008