Please, need help! I'm 7 months pregnant & my SO and I have everything we need for the baby. Well we just broke up today and he says hes moving and taking everything we have for the baby. His mom and sister bought everything, does he get to take it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep he gets it take it if his family bought it.

It is crappy that he would take it, it goes to show what kind of man he is that he would take all the baby items and leave you and his baby in the lurch. Be glad you are done with him.

Big hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I guess technically he could take it - is he really going to be this spiteful with the baby if he's already doing this with the belongings? he really wants to leave you and the baby in this position??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If you're the one that's going to be taking care of that baby you should have the stuff. I'm so sorry you're going through this... :(
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm honestly not sure who "legally" has the right to that stuff, but man.... what an asshole! Obviously, YOU are having the baby, therefore YOU should keep the stuff. I don't know how close you are to his family, maybe you can contact them and ask them to talk some sense into him?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wow, I would guess he does have a right, but, then...I would say good riddance of him. If he can do that crap...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• since you are not married he does not automatically have rights to the baby. After the birth certificate is signed he will have to take you to court for custody rights. He can not just assume that he will have the baby half of the time... fortunately in this situation since he seems to be so childish you have more rights than he does until there is a court order.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• wtf
    he is taking his unborn child's things
    this is the lowest a man can go

no, he does not get to take it!

do you have someone that can come to your place while he leaves, perferable a very large male freind, can not imagine your soon to be ex would take baby items in front of another man

he sounds like an abusive ahole, wish i was there to help, a few of us moms in your place when he leaves, see if he acts all high and powerful then

but sure to add that to the child support he will be paying, i would take a movie camera pictures as he leaves with a ll the baby items=the judge will LOVE seeing that, be sure to get you in picture, pregnant woman having babys father take all the baby itmes

yes, the judge will want to see that movie
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• **** if you are NOT married, the mother in all states except two, the mom has all rights to child until father files in court

so, no child yet, you can go wherever you want, once child is born YOU can take child wherever you want to
    until he files in court-YOU hold all the rights

if you are married THEN different story, he has as much right to child as you (and if non married and in those two states -forgot which ones)
    call a lawyer
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• he could take them and probably get away with it, if you wanted to go as far as taking him to small claims court you may be able to win it back since they were gifts for the baby but he could always argue that he wants to keep the stuff at his house for when the baby is there. I think maybe you should talk to the mom and sister if you are on good terms with them and they can talk some sense into him. This is a little disturbing though, how is he going to act when the baby is actually here?
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'mw ith maxsmom. If he is like that with the baby's things then is he going to try and take the baby or do something stupid?
    Or maybe this is his way of thinking he can keep you from leaving?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010