My mom has agreed to keep my son so that i dont have to put him in daycare, unless we decide we want to, how much should i pay her a week to keep him?

Eventually we want to put him in day care, but would like to wait until he's older. Plus, my nephew is over there constantly (only 9 mo.s older than my son) so he has someone to play with, but I want to offer to pay her something in return. I dont want to offer too little and it be a slap in the face to her nor do i want to pay as much as i would at one of the daycares I would prefer to send him to. Whatcha think ladies?

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• $50/week? That's what I'd offer my mom if I was in that position.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We pay my SIL 400.00 a month (25.00 a day). It helps her and we know he is taken care of.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We did half. We paid half of what we would have paid to a daycare center to a friend of ours. I think you two should talk it over. Ask her what she thinks is fair. If it is too much, tell you don't know if you can afford that, then see if you can compromise.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Why would u want to put him in daycare in the first place???? They r not clean places!!!!! I would come to an agreement with your mom about the money. Please rethink the daycare thing,not a good decision!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my mom asked for $60 a week so she could get a massage every week
    we happily paid it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My mother in law watches our child we just make sure we bring food and any extra our baby might need. She doesn't want our money she knows things are tight.
    CharleesMom7

Answer by CharleesMom7 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Whatever is affordable. I know it costs about 150/wk here to put your kid in daycare. There are some ladies I know who are sahms and they sit for about 90/wk. Talk to your mom, and say "I want to give you something, what would be helpful to you, and affordable for me?"
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am thining about 75-125 a week that seems fair cause it is very expensive now a days to have a child in child care. Only cause they know we have to have it and will pay for it. Also so you know most child cares pay only min. wage which royally sucks since they are the ones doing all the work. I know I worked in child care five years.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• daycares have to be an option for some of us and they CAN be very clean you just need to check them out and be picky .. sheesh..
    that said, I would offer half also
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• keep him with ur mom if u can for as long as u can and discuss with her money
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010