Help me ! I need 2 know how to make it out this stage

I am just in my first tri and I cant find anything to eat or that i sounds or looks good or after i eat it it comes right back up ! Is there anything i can do to get some food down and hold it down ?

mrs.pleasant

Asked by mrs.pleasant at 3:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Trial and error Momma. Eventually you will find SOMETHING you can keep down - for me it was watermelon. It will pass! :)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• most foods sound awful to me, and the ones that sound good taste aweful. I've done stuff like eating yogurt, then pickles, then toast. It works. My stomach is so confused it doesn't know what to do, and the food stays down. I'm 9wks pregnant. Every night when I cook dinner, I lose my appetite, but I force myself to eat, and it usually stays down, but my stomach will be upset for hours, just because it's full. Try eating small meals more often. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Maybe try things like saltine crackers. I LIVED on crackers when I was pregnant. I never got sick but got very close to it. Hopefully your sickness ends soon :-)

Oh you can also try and chew ginger gum. Ginger is supposed to help calm an upset stomach. I got some at CVS and I think the brand is SeaBand. It's for motion sickness, morning sickness, etc...

Good Luck and get some rest!!!

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Here is some info from the American Pregnancy Association

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/morningsickness.html

I recently read there is a new medication that is safe to take. If you can't eat you may need to take a medication so you and and your baby can get some food.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• sorry you have to go thru this, but it happens to me during the first trimester, it's very tough. I lost a lot of weigth b/c of that. I remember I had crackers all day long and some ice cream to help me take vitamins. I don't want to eat any meat or seafood and the smell of anything drives me crazy. Only cracker works for me so you might have to find something that works for you.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• @ alyssa i heard that b4 and i might have to check that out . ! And work from home ?? how
    mrs.pleasant

Comment by mrs.pleasant (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Have you tried coke and Saltines?
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:08 AM on Sep. 30, 2010